Peacock Background

Handmade...Creatively Free

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

1913 Was A Very Good Year



Over the weekend I had the honor to celebrate with and for my GIL aka Pancar who is 95 years old today.  Among the guests was my other GIL aka Nana Ambush who turned 90 in September.  Folks came from Northern & Southern California, Boston and various areas of Arizona.  On Saturday it all began with facials, makeup applications, faux lashes, a luncheon and a tear jerking video presentation of Pancar's illustrious life.  That evening a limo arrived with red carpet rolled out for my little mama and off we went for dinner and dancing.  Sunday was gift opening and brunch at my home.  I joke with these two wonderful grandmas of mine through marriage that they are not getting old but have arrived and are at the door, honey.  But these two women are in amazing health, walk upright, cook and clothe themselves, wear heels, have all their own teeth and was on the dance floor at the Jazz Bistro here in Gilbert, AZ longer than me (wine and chocolate martinis may have aided in my early departure from gettin' my groove on). Nonetheless, they are forces to reckon with.  They are so full of wisdom and have seen it all including a historic change in the White House.  To be a witness and take part in such a phenomenal event is something that will always be etched in my memory bank.  The invitations and favors were done by my divine cousin My of Springcartdesigns

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin