Peacock Background

Handmade...Creatively Free

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful


Gumbo, 5 Cheese Mac n' Cheese, Cranberry Sauce, Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bourbon Pecan Pie... Like so many around the world, Thanksgiving is a favorite celebration of mine because special memories were forever being created for all involved. For almost 20 years my sister and I would cook wonderful homemade feasts. All were welcome. Family, friends, and every combo in between. No small task for 40+ guests. Oh so worth it!   Now that we live in different states this year my day will be a party of 2. Surprising to both myself and mate although we miss the good old days we realized how special this is as it our first time alone on this day in 20 years. 
 Today many of us will gather with loved ones, overeat, watch football and eat leftovers for days.  In all the grandeur of it all, I wanted to take this time for some things I am thankful for...
  • opening my eyes yet another day
  • that gas prices are at a rate where I can fill up my tank and my belly
  • true friends, who never have a hidden agenda
  • finding new ways to stretch a hard earned buck and being able to make it in the first place
  • new ideas and those that inspire me
  • laughter and love
  • believing against all odds that each day presents an opportunity to improve
  • spooning
  • having an open heart 
  •  always recognizing that the little things in life have always been important even before the economy shifted things for all of us

So later today when you get hit with Fat Belly Shut Eye remember to free yourself of all the angst that creeps up on all of us from time to time because being thankful should be a daily occurrence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow spooning it can be a good thing i guess? maybe it depends on how and what lead up to that moment, but i have to admit i struggle with it alot cause i do love my sleep.

Len said...

I know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin