Peacock Background

Handmade...Creatively Free

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Home Studio



I previously outfitted part of a closet in my guest bedroom for my handmade projects and thought is was ultra lovely, but I must admit with things out of sight inspiration seems tucked away also. Funny how the smallest things can bring about inspiration.  I thought the storage box would be great to house yearly collections of my cards and this little hobknob would be great to clip current card designs and fabric swatches out on my desk. Both are from The Container Store.  I  realize I have the perfect area to bring my home studio to life by converting my library to my craft and reading studio. I'm on a quest to have my items out in the open but in the most stylish way possible and I don't want to wait until the new year. I don't like clutter but maintaining tools and supplies is a challenge. There is a hall closet adjacent to this room which I will use for packaging, gift wrapping and shipping.  I've already painted my desk in a glossy black and have one of two cubbie style book cases from Ikea.  One will be for my books and the other will be for the studio. I've parted with half of my books either by donating them or selling them as I'm always reading something.  This will be an ongoing project but I aim to do something every week until it is complete.  Stay tuned I will have photos to chart my progress. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin